The Star, Wednesday March 20, 2013
RESIDENTS of Taman Kajang Mulia and Taman Sri Minang handed over a memorandum concerning the closure of the access road into their neighbourhood to the Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj) last week.
Taman Kajang Mulia resident A. Subramaniam said they decided to submit the memorandum after waiting in vain for six months for the council to give them an explanation over the closure.
The memorandum included copies of letters written to the council, state government, state assemblyman and other authorities and news reports on the issue.
StarMetro in its report titled “Residents protest sudden road closure” had highlighted that several residents had taken part in a protest.
The residents said they feared the residential road would be used by others to avoid traffic congestion on the main road, bringing about an increased traffic flow into the neighbourhood and jeopardising safety.
It was also reported that residents had heard that Jalan Minang would be turned into an access road for the new housing scheme.
Taman Sri Minang resident Ahmad Shah Jaafar said residents may report the matter to the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) as they suspected something amiss over the way the council had handed over the road to the developer.
“The council claim that they have written to us but we did not receive anything,” he said.
MPKj corporate planning unit assistant administration officer Mohd Alizam Ali accepted the memorandum on behalf of MPKj president Datuk Hasan Nawawi Abd Rahman.