Friday, March 21, 2014

Kak Wan stays sprightly on campaign trail

The Star, Friday March 21, 2014

KAJANG: With just two days before polling day on Sunday, PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail shows no signs of slowing down in her campaign trail. 
 
Donning a floral baju kurung, Dr Wan Azizah – fondly known as Kak Wan – went from house to house on a motorcycle in Taman Kasih, Sungai Sekamat, yesterday before meeting a handicraft group.

Asked what was her secret for staying energetic throughout campaigning, she said, “I just take multi-vitamins to keep me going”, adding that she was used to keeping a busy schedule. 

Dr Wan Azizah also brushed off talk that she was using her emotional appeal for her campaign in the Kajang polls. 

“I am not lying about my feelings (as appeared on the billboards) and I always pray for my husband (Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim).

“I am sure the voters understand the reason behind it,” she said. 

Barisan Nasional deputy chairman Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had earlier questioned the billboards put up in Kajang, portraying the PKR candidate as praying with the words “Justice for Anwar” and saying that the court decision had nothing to do with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment