Wednesday, March 26, 2014

'COLORFUL' VOTERS brighten up Kajang poll

The Sun Daily, Monday, 24 March 2014 


KAJANG - As supporters of the contesting parties lined the small road leading to SK Seri Sekamat polling station here today, one voter caught public attention by the way he was dressed.

A 77-year-old man, who wanted to be known only as Shaman, was adorned with flowers, garlands and a picture of a globe pasted on his head.

He said that by dressing this way, he hoped that his prayers would be answered for his chosen candidate.

Asked who he supported, he said: "I cannot reveal it to you. I will be breaking the law. Let the heavens decide this."

Another voter, K. Manogar, 46, who was wheelchair-bound due to an accident, said he wanted to exercise his right as a voter.

"I asked my neighbours to wheel me here so that I can cast my ballot," he said.

Local folk were also seen selling various vegetables such as kangkung and carrots as well as drinks outside the polling centre.

One of them said they took the polling day as an opportunity to make some money. -Sundaily

No comments:

Post a Comment