Monday, September 16, 2013

Brave victim chases thieves only to have her car stolen in the end

The Star, Monday September 16, 2013












KAJANG: A gutsy woman raced after two snatch thieves in her car at a housing estate here and they crashed their motorcycle into a road divider in trying to escape, resulting in one of the culprits being trapped under her vehicle.

She refused to help the injured man who later died of head injuries.

The 32-year-old mother-of-two, who wanted to be known only as Lee, retrieved her handbag containing RM4,000 from the snatch thieves, but while she was outside her vehicle, the other thief sneaked into her car and drove off.

Lee, a cashier, said she had earlier parked her Hyundai and was walking back to her flat in Taman Megah when the two men rode towards her on a black Yamaha SS motorcycle during the 6am incident yesterday.

“The pillion rider held a long knife to my neck, ordering me to ‘shut up and don’t scream’.

“He then asked me to hand over my handbag. I did as I was told. At the same time, I begged to have my car keys and he opened my bag and threw it on the road.

“As they sped off I wanted to scream for help. But then I realised they were only on a motorcycle and I have a car,” she told The Star.

She quickly got back into her car and went after the men as they sped through Taman Cheras Perdana.
“I was so angry because I hate these kind of people. I really wanted to hurt them,” she said.

Lee said the pillion rider tore off his helmet and threw it at her windscreen, causing the motorcycle to skid and crash onto the road divider at a traffic light junction.

She said the pillion rider’s arm was stuck under the car tyre and he begged her to let him go, while at the same time groaning to passers-by that she had knocked into him.

“I came out from my car and said: ‘No. These men robbed me’.

“I did not notice the other suspect sneaking into the car after I got out. He drove off fast,” said Lee, who described the thief as “fat, bespectacled and wore a dark blue jacket and black pants”.

Lee’s silver Hyundai bears the registration number BGQ 8831.

Meanwhile, Kajang OCPD ACP Abdul Rashid Abdul Wahab said the dead thief had three previous records. He was identified as Chen Siong He, 30, from Kampung 11, Cheras.

“We are on the lookout for his accomplice and Lee’s car,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment