Saturday, April 20, 2013

“Dropped” PKR Kajang assemblyman said he is the better man

Malaysiakini, 17 April 2013

KUALA LUMPUR: Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) assemblyman for Kajang Lee Kim Sin said his “replacement” for the seat in the upcoming polls is a “nobody” and the party should re-nominate him instead.

Kim Sin or better known to locals as Cikgu Lee when contacted by The Mole said: “It is a tough fight for the Kajang seat. It is quite risky to put a newcomer.”

“The new candidate…nobody knows him. It will be hard for him to cover the grounds with only two weeks left, especially when people do not know you.”

He warned the possibility of Pakatan Rakyat losing both the state and the parliamentary seat if he is not re-nominated as Kajang is a dominant state seat in the Hulu Langat parliamentary constituency.

“Unlike the parliamentary seat, people need a representative who they know and work on the grounds with them.”

Cikgu Lee said he has worked hard for the past five years in the area and claimed that he had earned praises from Selangor Mentri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim and the state’s speaker Teng Chang Kim.

PKR de facto leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has named Lee Chin Cheh as the new candidate for Kajang state seat during the announcement of PKR’s Selangor candidate on Sunday.

Commenting on the announcement Cikgu Lee wrote on Twitter: “Shocked! Why am I not nominated as Kajang candidate? Maybe, I’m not a politician. Just a legislator social Reformist.”

Asked to comment on his Twitter post Cikgu Lee said: “I will not deny that I was shocked because I thought I have served my area well. In fact I was told that I would be re-nominated.”

He said he only found out about being dropped from contesting in the election on the night of the announcement itself.

“Many opposition leaders have expressed support for me such as Dr Syed (Husin Ali–former PKR deputy president), Lau Weng San (DAP state assemblyman for Kampung Tunku) and other local leaders. I will appeal to the party and I am confident that the leadership will have me nominated again.”

Cikgu Lee said he will appeal to PKR to reinstate him as a candidate and is optimistic that PKR will consider it.

Responding to Cikgu Lee’s Twitter post, Syed Husin wrote: “ I thot (thought) u perform better than many in constituency n Dun. Maybe u had to make way to a new n untested crony.”

He declined to comment on his plan if PKR refuses to re-nominate him on the seat.
Source: MOLE

No comments:

Post a Comment