Monday, August 31, 2009

SELAMAT HARI MERDEKA

Happy 52nd birthday Malaysia! Wishing all Malaysians, Selamat Hari Merdeka. It is a ritual for me to get in the morning to at watch at least some parts of the national day parade. However, this year's parade is more subdued due to the H1N1 virus and it being the fasting month.

This year, we can also see less cars or establishments flying the flag. What could be the reason? Could it be the fasting month or due to the virus or heaven forbid, due to less patriotism?

Anyhow, I managed to capture some still doing the patriotic thing around Kajang. Good for you, mates.





My favorite tune during this time is still Sudirman's Tanggal 31....it never fails to make me feel proud of my country even though a lot of times, I feel let down by certain leaders of our country.

Until then, cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment