The Star, Thursday December 20, 2012
AN ACCESS road along Persiaran Bandar Mahkota Cheras 1 was recently sealed following complaints from road users that lorries have been using the road to enter a private plot of land for illegal dumping.
Kajang Municipal Council (MPKj) president Datuk Hasan Nawawi Abd Rahman, councillors Lee Kee Hiong and Muhmad Hamidi Mohd Nazir, MPKj enforcement officers and residents visited the site yesterday.
According to Bandar Mahkota Cheras residents’ association chairman CY Lim, residents first lodged a complaint with MPKj last year.
“There are no signboards to warn motorists of heavy vehicles accessing the road.
“The lorries have damaged the road and there were several accidents involving motorcyclists due to the poor road conditions.
Hasan Nawawi said the council had issued a stop- work order since July last year.
A final notice was then issued on Feb 17 but according to MPKj enforcement officers, the land owner defied the orders.
“The owner was issued a compound of RM25,000,” said Hassan Nawawi.
The landowner will also be charged RM19,000 for road repairs according to Yap.
“The illegal dumping stopped for a while after the final notice was issued but started again when the MRT project kicked off,” said Yap.